PHOTOS: glamglare presents – Official SXSW2018 Showcase
When we stepped into The Iron Bear in Austin, TX four years ago to attend one of our first SXSW shows ever, we would not have dared to dream of ever placing a glamglare banner behind the stage and welcoming six bands to our music blog’s showcase. But dreams do come true and this one got quite fancy, because we could put some sort of dream lineup together!
Two of the acts, I Am Snow Angel and The Lulls, inspired us in fall 2016 to start curate shows regularly. Blonde Maze and GIRL SKIN are among the most exciting discoveries on glamglare, and played several NYC showcases for us already. With Melbourne quartet Pretty City we fell in love during the 2016 festival, and Emme Woods from Glasgow blew us away while preparing for this year’s SXSW.
Check out the following Q&A features and more information about the bands.
- Follow Pretty City on Instagram and Facebook, and learn more about the four dreamy, psych rockers from Melbourne, Australia in our Q&A.
- Follow Emme Woods on Twitter and Facebook, and be ready for that smile on your face that appears when reading what this fun and energetic musician from Glasgow, Scotland had to say in our Q&A.
- Follow GIRL SKIN on Instagram and Facebook, and read our Q&A where Sid from Brooklyn talks about what he’s currently listening to and more.
- Follow Bonde Maze on Instagram and Facebook, and get a glimpse into the world of Amanda from New York in our Q&A.
- Follow The Lulls on Instagram and Facebook, who drove from San Diego, CA to Austin, and find out which answers Rutger had to our questions in our Q&A.
- Follow I Am Snow Angel on Instagram and Facebook and learn more about Julie’s upcoming album and what her SXSW expectations were in our Q&A.
Get an idea about the fascinating energy and beautiful music all around by browsing through the gallery of our concert snaps (click on a photo to enlarge it):
== All concert photos by glamglare.com – © 2018 Elke Nominikat and Oliver Bouchard ==
Big THANKS to all musicians involved for putting on unforgettable live performances. We can’t wait to hear and see what you are up to next! Special thanks also to the SXSW crew, from the amazing stage manager to the friendly door volunteers for ensuring a joyful experience. And last but not least hugs and kisses to all our friends, old and new, who came out that night on March 14, 2018.