You want to play in NYC? Please contact us through our booking form
Discovering new music is the best thing about running a blog and we listen and reply to every submission we receive through this page. Having said this, please keep the following points in mind:
- We are just two people with day jobs, so there is a limit to the music we are able to post on glamglare and we only post what we truly like.
- Some of the best music reveals itself only after multiple listens. That’s why we are not trying to be the fastest blog to post new music. But if you give us enough lead time, we will try to feature music on the release day. Also, we like exclusive premieres as much as the next blog.
- Soundcloud is king: it is easy to embed on our site, we can organize music into playlists and it goes to Hype Machine. We have a Soundcloud subscription which allows us to listen offline (that is important in NYC, because we spend a lot of time underground). For our “Song Pick of the Day” category an embeddable Soundcloud like is mandatory.
- We don’t run advertising on the site and try to avoid showing third-party ads in embedded media. It is ok for an awesome video, but we probably will not post still or lyric videos with pre-roll ads.
- If you want us to spend time with your unreleased music, a private streaming link won’t do, because, again, we do a lot of listening offline.
- Sharing our content on your social media is a win-win: we give each other exposure and generate social signals that cause sites like Facebook to present your music to more people.
You’re okay with the above? Then let’s hear from you:
Thanks, we’ll be in touch!